Updated: Jan 12
We have always seen strong love and support for our food ministry from our Wesley Chapel and surroundings community, but this last few months has been extraordinary. People know the need is great and have stepped up like never before. I asked Helping Hands Food Pantry director Carla Haberland to share what's been happening as far as recent support from our community partners goes, and here's what she said:
"The holiday season started with the food drive organized by John Higgins in Stagecoach on Halloween and continued with...
1. Andrew Lambert and his Eagle Scout project
2. The Garden Montessori School on Boyette
3. The Tootsies and Heron Cove Ladies at Tampa Bay Golf and Country Club
4. Carmel Friendship Church
5. Cub Scout Pack 148
6. Brandon ER Hospital in New Tampa
7. Renewal Rehabilitation in Wesley Chapel
8. Total Air Solutions in Tampa (see the ad they placed in the Land O'Lakes magazine, below)
9. Pine crest Academy in Wesley Chapel
10. O’Briens Eatery in Wesley Chapel
11. Neighborhood of Paradise Lakes
12. Goodwill on 56th who continues to collect food for us
13. Quail Hollow Animal Hospital who collects food all year by offering free pet nail clipping for food donations
14. Messiah Lutheran
15. Tampa Bay Golf and Country Club food drive
16. 2 food drives in Lexington Oaks with assistance of Lexington Oaks Golf Course
17. New Life Tabernacle who drops off breads they pick up at Publix every Tuesday
18. Sowing4Jesus who donates fresh produce and nonperishables on a regular basis
19. Cash donations from Rotary of New Tampa
20. Support our Troops
21. Retail Pick ups from
A. Winn Dixie on Old Pasco
B. Winn Dixie Zephyrhills
C. Target on Bruce B Downs
22. Naturally USDA and Feeding Tampa Bay
In addition the Wesley Chapel community as a whole who drop off carloads at a time and keep our donation box full on a regular basis.
In addition Wesley Chapel Kia has been a blessing in volunteering of their time. Naturally none of this also would be possible without all our wonderful volunteers that come from not only our church but other churches and the Wesley Chapel Community.
In 2020 we passed out 539,338 pounds of food to 10,443 families and find the need growing weekly. With no letter carrier drive in 2020 we could have not kept up without all the extra donations!.
We could never supply the needs of our community who are hurting more now than ever without the help of the wonderful individuals who continue to support us. God bless them all for remembering those less fortunate."
We know there are others out there who've helped and we're sorry if anyone got left off this list. Know that we appreciate all of you who help, donate, pray for, or otherwise support the work of Helping Hands. By helping feeding people in need, our hands and your hands work together with the hands of God to show his love in a very special way...